- The properties contained in the hamlet known as Lenvos (“the Property”) are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation in writing by Philip & Fiona Sutherland (“the Owners”) to the renter (“the Client”).
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the accompanying booking form and return it together with payment of a non-refundable deposit for 25% (minimum £100) of the full holiday cost (see clauses 3 and 15c). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will send confirmation. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The Owners reserve the right to refuse any booking without explanation. In this eventuality, the Client will immediately be advised by the Owners in writing of any such refusal. All payments will be refunded to the Client.
- The balance of the rental, plus the Security Deposit (see clause 7), is payable not less than ten weeks before the start of the rental period. The Client is advised that the post can take up to a week to arrive in France from England. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners will attempt to contact the Client by telephone (or e-mail, if appropriate) to advise them of this fact. Whatever the outcome of such contact, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owners are able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 8 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within ten weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking
- Dishonoured cheques automatically cancel the reservation. The Owners will advise the Client of any such eventuality in writing. The Client will be liable for all losses and expenses incurred by the Owners, including all outstanding rent should the dishonoured cheque be for the balance of the rental. If the Owners are able to re-let the Property, clause 8 of these booking conditions will apply.
- In order to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding, cheques can only be accepted by the Owners from the Client whose name appears on the Booking Form. All cheques received by the Owners will be cashed. Refunds to the Client will be by a cheque drawn on the Owners bank account.
- A security deposit of £150 for each rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the Property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within four weeks of the end of the rental period.
- Subject to clauses 2, 4, 5 and 9, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by the Owners’ insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. The Client is strongly recommended to book his/her chosen travel method at the same time as booking the holiday with “Gites de Lenvos”. The Owners cannot be responsible for the non-availability of ferries, flights, etc., and therefore are unable to offer discounts or refunds (see clause 8).
- The maximum number of people to reside in the Property must not exceed that stated on the Booking Form, unless the Owners have given written permission. Any persons included in, or connected to, the Clients party may not sleep anywhere on the Owners land other than in the Property unless the Owners have given written permission. Should the Owners agree in writing to party members “camping” on their land, any and all such party members in excess of the agreed number stated will be subject to a surcharge on a pro-rata basis.
- The Owners provide bedding and bed linen. Personal towels and tea towels are not provided. The Owners also provide all gas and water. Electricity is included in the rental price during the summer months. In low season, Christmas and other dates, electricity is charged by the unit. When appropriate, a supply of logs is also included in the rental. Extra logs are available.
- We regret that pets of any kind cannot be accepted. Smoking is NOT allowed in the gites.
- The Client and their party agree to be considerate tenants and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. Extra cleaning is charged at £20 per hour. The Client also agrees not to act in any way, which would cause disturbance to our neighbours or other clients.
- The Client shall report to the Owners without delay any defects in the Property or breakdowns or failure of equipment or appliances in the Property. The Owners will repair or replace any such defects, breakdowns or failures as soon as possible.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:
a) for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property or gardens.
b) for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners.
c) for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
- Once the Clients booking is confirmed, these conditions form part of the contract
Download this document here