Lenvos provides a fabulous base to discover why cycling is the national sport of France. Whether you are a keen road-racer, a casual enthusiast or just wanting to get some light exercise whilst discovering the area, you can do it all from the doorstep.
Visitor Comments: Ian & Sue Shaw GUERNSEY
“Great road biking 265 miles, 5000m climbed in 6 days. Lots of great coffee stops – whats not to like?”
10 reasons why to choose Lenvos for a cycling holiday
- Miles of good quality, quiet roads – shared with considerate motorists
- Tour de France stages – The Tour has passed our doorstep several times in recent years and gives you the chance to follow the tyre tracks of your heroes including the 2011 Wall of Brittany roller-coaster run into Mur de Bretagne
- Miles of leisure routes – The towpath of the Nantes to Brest Canal (360km) is on our doorstep offering easy waterside cycling for all abilities. The Loudeac – Rostrennen disused railway winds through unspoiled countryside for 40km.
- Triathlon facilities – run, cycle and swim in Lac de Guerledan all from your cottage door.
- Over 300km of Mountain Bike (VTT) trails – including Quenecan Forest, Pont Samuel, Blavet Valley
- Bring your own bikes -Lenvos is close to ferry ports –, more holiday time less travelling time. Lenvos is a leisurely 1hr45 from both Roscoff and St Malo making travel from Portsmouth and Plymouth relaxing and accessible. (we have a few basic leisure bikes for hire if you don’t want to bring your own)
- Add 20% discount on all Brittany Ferries – you’ll have more to spend on food & wine!
- Power Showers and baths in all gîtes – to sooth away those aches and pains.
- Technical Backup – Pontivy has a full range of bike and sports shops (including a Decathlon) stocking all spares and clothing.
- Non Cyclists – If not everyone in your family enjoys two wheeled transport to the same extent there’s lots of other things to see and do either at Lenvos or in the vicinity while the cyclists go exploring.